15 Memorial Quotes to Use in a Eulogy or Obituary
When tasked with writing a eulogy or obituary, putting complicated emotions and an entire life to pen and paper can be both intimidating and painstaking. If struggling to find the right words, including a memorial quote in a eulogy or obituary can be the missing piece you are looking for. Below is a list of 15 memorial quotes that can say what you feel when you can’t find right the words.
Table of Contents
- Memorial Quotes For Nature Lovers
- Memorial Quotes To Remember Loved Ones By
- Memorial Quotes For A Life Well-lived
- How Do I Find More Information On Funeral Planning?
Memorial Quotes for Nature Lovers
Sometimes we can find solace in the natural world. These quotes understand that death is a natural part of life and seek to find answers within the world around us. These memorial quotes are perfect for those with a love of nature.
- “For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.” – from the poem, On Death by Khalil Gibran
- “Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.” – David Searls
- “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” – Nelson Henderson
- “Perhaps they are not stars, but rather openings in heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy.” – Eskimo proverb
- “Death is not extinguishing the light. It is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.” – Rabindranath Tagore
Memorial Quotes to Remember Loved Ones By
Sometimes, we can find comfort in remembering that loved ones can live on through our memories and hearts. These memorial quotes serve as a reminder that goodbye is not necessarily final.
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Gandhi
- “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
- “For everything exists and not one sigh nor smile nor tear, one hair nor particle of dust, not one can pass away.” – William Blake
- “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” – from II. Freedom Hallowed Ground by Thomas Campbell
- “Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon; and a horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.” – Rossiter Worthington Raymond
Memorial Quotes for a Life Well-Lived
In addition to remembrance, a memorial service can also be a celebration of life. These memorial quotes find the joy in a life well-lived, perfect for encapsulating one’s joyous spirit. During a time of grief, these quotes are a reminder of happier times.
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “We are all stories in the end, remembered by the adventures we had, the achievements we made and the people we loved. So make sure your story is a good one.” – Nishan Panwar
- “As is a tale, so is a life: Not how long it is, but how good it is, is what matters.” – Seneca
- “He has achieved success who has lived well, laughed often and loved much.’ – from Success by Bessie Anderson Stanley
- “That best portion of a good man’s life, his little, nameless, unremembered, acts of kindness and of love.” – from Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey, On Revisiting the Banks of the Wye During a Tour. July 13, 1798 by William Wordsworth
How Do I Find More Information on Funeral Planning?
Titan Casket is dedicated to providing you with all the answers you need and helping you plan a memorable funeral for your loved one. From purchasing the right casket to writing a eulogy, we are here for you every step of the way.We are your trusted ally in planning the funeral you want at an affordable, fair price. Contact us via our chat window or here on our contact page to get started.