How Much Does A Funeral Cost?
There’s no universal answer to this question. The total funeral costs depend on the finer details of the funeral, the choices you make for the service, and the particulars of the casket, flowers, and venue you have chosen. Some studies and research reports have attempted to arrive at the average funeral cost today, with the median prices coming in at around $7,800 or so for a burial and nearly $7,000 for a cremation service.
Many funerals, however, may turn out to be more expensive than these averages on account of the services availed. If you or someone you know has recently lost a loved one, you may no doubt agree that doing the math on funeral costs will be the last thing on anyone’s mind. However, to ensure that your family is not inconvenienced later in life, it helps to do them kindness and take care of some funeral pre-planning in a timely manner.
8 Funeral Expenses To Plan For In Advance
With general inflation on the rise, various products and services, including funerary expenses, have been increasing. On account of this, the importance of funeral pre-planning continues to be relevant today. To plan your funeral in advance and budget for the various expenses that may be involved, you need first to be aware of the different funeral expenses that you may incur.
Check out the most common funeral costs that you need to plan for in advance.
- Funeral home services - These costs include essential services like embalming, transportation, using the facilities in the funeral home, and other such expenses. While they cannot be avoided, they can undoubtedly be kept within a predefined limit.
- Funeral director fees - These are the fees paid to the funeral director, who plans and executes the various details of a funeral ceremony. They effectively coordinate and oversee multiple aspects of a funeral.
- The cost of a casket or an urn - If you opt for a burial, you will have to purchase a casket. However, if you prefer cremation instead, you need to buy an urn. It is now possible to pre-plan and pre-order a casket so that you can get your preferred coffin at today’s prices instead of tomorrow’s inflated costs.
- Transportation costs - Apart from the regular transportation costs included in the funeral home services, you may have to account for additional transportation expenses if it requires the use of a hearse, an airplane, or other long-distance moves.
- Cemetery fees - These fees are paid to the cemetery for services like preparation and excavation of the grave, administrative services, cemetery maintenance, and the like.
- Headstone or grave marker costs - In case you opt for a burial, you will also have to account for the cost of a headstone or a grave marker. Your choice between the two will depend on your personal preferences as well as your preferred cemetery regulations.
- Funeral arrangement costs - There are also various costs involved in arranging the funeral ceremony, like flowers, interior decor, general ceremony-related services, and more.
- Reception and catering expenses - In case you plan to hold a post-funeral reception, you also need to include catering expenses, venue rentals, refreshments, and the like in your budget.
How To Manage These Funeral Expenses Effectively?
One of the most effective ways to manage funeral expenses easily is to account for them in advance. Also known as funeral pre-planning, this process can help you maximize savings on funeral costs. It also allows you to make your wishes known to your family members so they do not have to go through the trouble of guessing and choosing from different options.
In addition to that, here are some other tips for managing funeral expenses effectively.
- Set a budget for your funeral expenses and stick to those limits.
- Compare different options to find the most cost-effective options.
- Prioritize essential expenses over discretionary costs.
- Shop around for discounts if you are eligible for any.
- Keep the ceremony simple if you want to save costs further.
Pre-Plan Your Casket And Other Funeral Expenses To Help Your Loved Ones
When it comes to planning a funeral in advance, many important decisions need to be made. You can help your loved ones by planning ahead for the significant funeral costs, so they need not worry about making these big decisions. Funeral pre-planning can also bring about significant savings on funeral costs by safeguarding against future inflation.
So, now that you know what the major funeral expenses to account for are, you can pre-order a casket from Titan Casket, purchase a burial plot, and make arrangements for your funeral service. If you would like to pre-plan a casket, visit our website today to get started!