- POPLAR WITH A CHERRY FINISH. The Titan Essex is an attractive casket with a traditional look. To create a tapered effect, we carve the lid into rounded and beveled shape. Finally, we stain the casket in a beautiful cherry hue.
- DESIGNER HARDWARE. The wood and metal hardware is sleek and refined, for a streamlined look.
- REINFORCED SWINGBAR HANDLES. The reinforced swingbar handles pull up and away from the casket when in use, which creates a luxurious effect and allows for easy transport.
- CREPE INTERIOR. The rosetan crepe fabric interior is soft to the touch, and lightly gathered to create texture and dimension.
- LATCH CLOSURE SYSTEM. This casket features a latch system for easy opening and closing.
- DESIGNED TO FIT STANDARD SIZE BURIAL VAULTS.
Size (interior): 77"L x22.75"W x 13.75"H
Size (exterior): 78"L x28.75"W x 14.75"H
Shell: Solid Poplar Wood
Lid Design: Half Couch (Split Lid)
Weight: 200 pounds
1. Can I really buy a casket online?
Yes! The process is simple: you choose the product type and any desired customization, and we will deliver to the funeral home of your choice. It is illegal for funeral homes to refuse you this right or charge you any additional delivery or handling fees. (Learn more about your rights)
If you prefer, we can also deliver your casket to a residential address (such as your home) or to a storage facility.
2. Why would I buy from Titan Casket instead of a funeral home?
At Titan Casket, we offer unbeatable prices and superior quality, selection, and service. Our selection typically offers a significant price saving (up to 85%) over buying from a funeral home. Our caskets are thoughtfully designed and we can accommodate custom orders.
Titan Casket also provides superior customer service. We are a small, independent operation and take great pride in assisting our clients throughout the funeral process. Your satisfaction and peace of mind are our top priorities.
To read our verified customer reviews, click here.
3. Are Titan Casket's products the same quality as what I would buy from a funeral home?
Yes; we guarantee that the caskets and coffins offered by Titan Casket are as good, if not better, than those sold by funeral homes.
We also supply our caskets and coffins to funeral homes throughout the country, a testament our quality and service.
The caskets and coffins offered by Titan Casket are comparable to Batesville Services Inc., and Matthews Casket Company Inc.
4. Do funeral homes allow me to supply my own casket?
The Funeral Rule as set forth by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) ensures that consumers have the right to provide a casket by their own means, without penalty. This means that:
- Buying a casket or coffin for sale online and arranging delivery to your selected Funeral Home for use in a Funeral Service is legal in all 50 States
- Funeral providers cannot refuse to use a casket or coffin you bought online, or put unreasonable or onerous restrictions on when it must be delivered or who must receive delivery
- You cannot be charged an additional fee if you supply the casket - federal law prohibits funeral directors from charging “casket-handling” or other fees for people who purchase their casket online
- You cannot be required to purchase any goods or services that are not required by law - funeral homes are allowed to charge one non-declinable “basic” fee, but only one, and this should be for basic or required goods and services
- The funeral home may not lie about or misrepresent funeral or cemetery laws, rules, or regulations - if you are told something is required by law, ask for a copy of the law
- Other kinds of misrepresentations, such as to the quality of caskets or coffins bought online, or the likelihood of damages in transit, are also illegal. Consumer protection laws in most states also prohibit such deceptive practices. State Licensing Boards in all 50 states have the right to (and do) discipline Funeral Directors for dishonesty and misrepresentation, and Federal law also prohibits dishonest, deceptive, and unfair acts and practices
We recommend requesting a “General Price List” from the funeral home and comparing those prices with ours.
IMPORTANT: If you are observing any violation of the Funeral Rule, please contact us. We help out clients fight for their federal rights. For more information on the Funeral Rule and how to file a claim in your state, click here.
5. Can I buy a casket now for pre-planning and have it delivered at the time of need (months, years later?)
Yes. You can buy a casket now to lock in the price, ensure your wishes are known, and have the casket delivered at the time of need. Click the pre-plan button any casket on Titan, and follow the checkout steps. We will send you a contract. You can learn more about pre-planning by reading our guide here.
6. Do I need to be at the funeral home to receive a casket?
While always a good idea, you do not have to be present at the funeral home for delivery. A funeral provider’s refusal to use third party merchandise until the consumer has inspected it may place an unreasonable burden on consumer choice, in violation of Section 453.4(b)(1) of the FTC Funeral Rule. If you would like to be notified prior to delivery so you can be present, please contact us to set up a notification.
For residential deliveries, the carrier will call to schedule an appointment time and you must be present to accept delivery.
7. What size casket do I need?
Our standard size caskets are 24-inches wide interior, and fit most adults up to 6’10” and 300 pounds. HOWEVER, we strongly recommend you confirm sizing with your funeral director or other professional, who can help you determine the size of the casket your loved one will need.
Titan offers 28”- 44” exterior widths on most oversize caskets. To browse our oversize coffin selection, click here.
8. Does the casket I ordered have everything I need in it? Do I need to buy a pillow or throw separately?
All our caskets are delivered fully assembled and ready to receive your loved one. We include the necessary pillow, adjustable bed, and throw covers with each casket. You do not need to purchase anything else to prepare your loved one for their resting place.
9. What are Titan's shipping rates? (hint: it's free)
Titan Casket is proud to offer fast and free standard shipping.
Need it faster (or slower) or have a specific request (appointment delivery)? Please contact us and we can usually accommodate.
10. How do I place my order?
TL;DR: Buying a casket online is as easy as checking out on Amazon. Simply add to cart and following the directions in the checkout flow. We will review your order and make sure we have everything we need to perfectly process and deliver your order. We will contact you should we have any questions.
- Click on the Add to cart button.
- Click on your Shopping Cart icon at the top right hand corner of our website and click Go to Cart.
- In the Notes field of Your Shopping Cart, please enter the following information:
- First and last name of the deceased
- Funeral Date (if applicable)
- Expected or required delivery date
- Any other information you would like for us to know regarding your order
- Click on the blue “Buy now” button OR one of the alternative electronic payment options
- For Shipping address, please enter the funeral home or other location you wish us to deliver. Please confirm the delivery address and timing. Once an order has shipped, Titan Casket cannot guarantee that changes can be made to the delivery location or delivery date.
11. What are my payment options? Can I pay with life insurance?
We accept all major credit and debit cards, as well as digital payment processors such as Google Pay and Paypal.
To finance a purchase - pay over time but receive the casket now - please choose "Pay With Affirm" on the Payment page during checkout.
Finally - Yes! You can purchase your casket using life insurance. Read more about how here: How to Pay Using Life Insurance.
12. I placed my order, what happens next?
We will call you to confirm details, and get to work immediately.
If you are pre-planning, let us know and we'll send you a contract.
If you need delivery now, you'll receive an order confirmation immediately and tracking information once the order ships. We will handle all logistics and track the order to ensure it arrives in time and in great condition.
Titan Casket has built a simple guide to help our customers understand the order fulfillment process. To read our guide, click here.
13. What happens in the (very) unlikely event that the product arrives damaged or late?
We know that this product is precious and highly personal cargo, and our mission is to deliver your item on time and in perfect condition. We encourage inspection of the item at the time of delivery. In the (very rare) case of damage, please refuse delivery of the item and take pictures if possible. We will immediately ship a replacement item or issue a full refund.
We also understand the importance of timing, and track shipments daily to ensure smooth transit and resolve any carrier delays. If for any reason (weather, act of god, etc.) your shipment is delayed and will not be able to arrive in time for use, we will return the item and issue a full refund.
We ordered the Poplar Wood Casket with Satin Cherry Finish, and we were very happy with the look, feel and overall quality. It’s sad to lose someone you love, but at least with Titan you don’t get ripped off and you allow your loved one to have a classy funeral.
Thanks for your feedback, and for submitting this beautiful picture. We pride ourselves on the high quality of our caskets and our affordable pricing. We are so glad to have been able to provide this casket for you.
I was very pleased with the product and service of Titan everything went well and myself and family thank you
The customer service was definitely 5 star. I had called to confirm if a certain casket was suitable for cremation, the young man found out the information I needed promptly and I placed the order.
Our casket was absolutely beautiful! It's hard to know what you're getting when you order on line. Everything about it was extraordinary. From the time we opened the crate until it was lowered into the ground, the complements kept coming. Thank you for such beautiful craftsmanship.
What a breath of fresh air when planning a funeral. I saved $2,000 compared to the funeral home cost. My dad made furniture and he would have loved it. Easy to work with, good communication and delivered on time.
We were overwhelmed with the cost and styles of caskets. There aren't as many nice wood choices at a decent price point. I found the Titan Essex online at a very reasonable cost and I really liked it. It was what I knew to be simple elegance. I called and ordered and the gentleman I worked with was so nice. Everything went smoothly and the casket was delivered in 2 days from completion of the order (I had to confirm somethings with the funeral home). It was beautiful; I was very happy with our choice. Thank you Titan!
The funeral home wanted $9,000. for a casket very similar to the one I purchased from Titan Casket.
Our family was very pleased with the high quality of the Essex casket we purchased from Titan Casket. The casket was very solid and the satin cherry finish was quite nice. The casket was well priced and of excellent quality. The casket was delivered quickly and on time despite some bad weather, with a special early morning delivery. Customer support was excellent, with Tatiana answering all of our questions about the timing of the delivery. I would definitely purchase another casket from Titan when the need arises.
It was a last-minute funeral preparation, which aren't, right? Anyway this was significantly cheaper than other options but similar in quality from the photos. I had my doubts about their ability to deliver because if it didn't, it would have been a disaster. Nevertheless, it actually arrived a day early, with plenty of time, and the quality was on point and made us wonder why anyone would pay twice as much. Good job!
The casket was simple and beautiful, just what we had hoped for. The price was phenomenal compared to the funeral home prices. The arrival time was perfect. I highly recommend Titan casket.