Planning A Funeral And The Options Available
When you lose a loved one, despite the inexplicable grief that will plague you, arranging for a befitting funeral ceremony for your loved one is a must – to pay homage to their life. In such situations, one of the most vital components is arranging a coffin for burial. Unfortunately, opting for a brand-new coffin can be very expensive with ever-increasing costs. To combat such costs and to ensure that families on a tight budget can still organize a befitting ceremony, you can now opt to rent a coffin. Read on to learn more about the same.
Different Varieties Of Coffin’s Available
- Metal Coffins: Often made up of copper, bronze, or stainless steel, metal coffins are one of the most popularly chosen coffins for funerals. Categorized based on the thickness of the material used (referred to as the ‘gauge’), these coffins are sturdy and will stand the test of time.
- Wooden Coffins: For those looking for a more classic coffin for burial, wooden coffins are the most preferred, made from hardwoods such as maple, poplar, cottonwood, elm, or ash. These types of coffins can be ornately designed or simply designed to suit each family’s needs and budget.
- Fiberglass Coffins: Off late, fiberglass coffins have proven to be more popular among the masses as compared to metal caskets. This is owing to the fact that such coffins are lighter but much sturdier than metal coffins.
- Biodegradable Coffins: For those looking for a green burial, buying a coffin made of bamboo, hemp, pine, or willow, with no metal components whatsoever, is the preferred choice.
Can I Rent A Coffin? How Do I Do So?
Yes, if buying a coffin is too expensive for you, you can opt to rent a coffin. If you are worried about hygiene standards, you do not need to fret, as the interiors used are removable and are changed from use to use. When it comes to renting a coffin, the process to be followed is similar to that of buying a coffin:
- Set a Budget: First and most importantly, start by setting a budget – for both the funeral ceremony, as well as the burial. Once you do so, you will be better placed to finalize the arrangements.
- Converse with the Funeral Home: Next, clearly communicate your needs, as well as your budget, to the funeral home. They will then accordingly show you the options available for rentals.
- Decide: Whether it’s a cremation or burial, you must choose from the various rental plans offered by your funeral home.
Once you have followed the steps listed above, the funeral home will take care of the rest – be it transporting the deceased’s mortal remains or actually conducting the funeral ceremony.
Cost Of Purchasing A Coffin
If you are not on a tight budget, you can always opt to buy a new coffin for burial. However, this will no doubt prove to be more expensive than merely renting a coffin and will set you back by a minimum of $995 to a maximum of $20,000 – depending on the material, furnishings, and other add-ons opted for.
Traditionally, families were required to visit a funeral home and opt for one of their pricey packages. However, being badgered to purchase caskets at marked-up prices, especially when you are mourning, can be exhausting, frustrating, and immoderately expensive. Since everything can be found online, from groceries, electronics, and clothes to a casket, traditional American funerals are no longer the norm. The last few years witnessed a rapid shift towards buying a casket online. Multiple online retailers are providing a wide range of caskets at remarkable prices. In your moment of loss, the availability of caskets online makes buying simple for you and the funeral more peaceful.
Key Difference Between Renting And Buying A Coffin
The critical difference between renting a coffin and purchasing the same is the cost. Renting a coffin proves to be exponentially cheaper than purchasing a brand-new coffin. So for grieving families on a shoestring budget, opting for the former is the best way to give their loved ones a befitting funeral, without burning a hole in their pocket.With costs on a constant upward spiral, a more significant number of people are now choosing to rent a coffin, in a bid to save money while ensuring their loved ones are sent off in a dignified manner. If you are looking to purchase a coffin, Titan Casket will enable you to opt for affordable caskets, and also avail of quick delivery with a wide range of further add-ons. Additionally, you can also avail of customization of your casket as per your preferences, as well as pre-plan policies.