Cremation Ashes: 10 Meaningful Things That You Can Do
10 Things You Can Do With Cremation Ashes
Choosing what to do with the ashes of your loved one after cremation is definitely not easy. Many choose to simply transfer their remains into a beautiful urn and keep it with them. However, there are other meaningful or more personal ways to deal with your loved one’s cremation ashes. Here are a few options that you can consider.
- Scatter the ashes into the sea - One of the best ways to bid your loved ones goodbye is to scatter their cremation ashes into the sea. You may choose to scatter the ashes from the shore or you may charter a boat to head out into the open sea to conduct a sea burial. If you’re opting to charter a boat, make sure to apprise yourself of the weather first. This way, you can ensure that you don’t get stuck out in the sea during the midst of rough weather conditions.
- Turn them into jewelry - If you wish to get more personal, you can choose to transform your loved one’s ashes into jewelry. Creating jewelry from cremation ashes has been a long-standing tradition in many cultures and countries and is a great way to memorialize your loved ones. In the U.S. alone, there are many companies that specialize in making memorial and keepsake jewelry.
- Turn them into diamonds - Seeing as the primary chemical component of cremation ash is carbon, you can also choose to turn your loved one’s ashes into a diamond. Depending on the service provider you opt for, you may be able to even customize the cremation ash diamond. For instance, you could have the diamond engraved with the name of your loved one or choose a color that bears resemblance to their eyes.
- Use them to create art - If you’re proficient in creating masterful artwork, you could consider using the cremation ashes of the deceased to make art. There are many ways to incorporate ashes into your artwork. One of the most popular choices is to create a portrait or a painting by mixing the ash with the paint.
- Get a memorial tattoo - This is another meaningful idea that you can use. If you’re fond of or okay with the idea of inking yourself, there are many studios in the U.S. that can create memorial tattoos. Tattoo artists will mix a small portion of the cremation ashes with the tattoo ink and use it to create a unique tattoo. Getting a memorial tattoo is one of the better ways to keep your loved one always close to you.
- Take them out for a trip - If your loved one always wanted to visit a specific place, a city, or a country, but couldn’t quite manage to, you can ensure that you fulfill their dream. If you’re worried about not being able to safely transport the remains, don’t worry. There are multiple types of cremation urns that are travel-friendly. Also, if you’re visiting multiple places, you could consider scattering a small part of their remains in each place you visit as well.
What Size Urn Do You Need for a Loved One’s Ashes?
Keep Your Loved One’s Memory Alive Even After Their Cremation
One of the many myths of cremation is that it doesn’t allow for much freedom to choose what happens after. However, as you can see, there are plenty of unique and meaningful ways to deal with the cremation ashes.At Titan Casket, we have an entire range of different types of cremation urns that are elegant, affordable, and long-lasting. Made from high-quality materials, all of our urns are handcrafted and feature screw-top lids that ensure that the cremation ashes remain safe and secure at all times.